If you have used Smart Pushes, you have undoubtedly run into security issues. The PBCS development team is working on a way to bypass this, but there is no release date. If you haven’t run into this, you probably have and didn’t know it. Here is the issue. Read more
Tag Archive for: security
For most Essbase applications, user and group security will be a necessity. Here are the steps to set up individual filters and then apply them to a group in Shared Services. Read more
In Hyperion 184.108.40.206, there is a change in how security is deployed. If you are having an issue deploying Planning security with Essbase adhoc access, and the user can’t
- Access Essbase Adhoc
- Access FR reports using an Essbase connection
- Access Essbase directly
you are not alone. Read more
Oracle has confirmed a bug related to the deployment of security with a planning application maintained in EPMA in version 11.1.2.x. When the Shared Members checkbox is selected in an EPMA deployment of a Planning application, it ignores this option. Even if the Shared Members box is checked, the user still only gets access to Ohio Region, and not the children, in the example below. Oracle is currently working on a patch. Read more
What’s New in Hyperion 11.1.2?
- SSL Offloading
- 2-way SSL deployment
- SSL termination at the web server
Lifecycle Management (LCM)
- Additional information in migration status reports, including source and destination details.
- Users must be provisioned with the Shared Services Administrator role to work with the Deployment Metadata tool.
- The Calc Manager is supported, and has its own node under Foundation. As a result, business rules can now be migrated to classic HFM and Planning applications.
Shared Services Taskflow
- Manage Taskflows – This role allows users to create and edit a taskflow
- Run Taskflows – This role permits users to view and run a taskflow, but they cannot create or edit taskflows